In this policy, “we” and “us” refers to the MSPCA and “our” shall be construed accordingly.
We advise you to read the policy carefully. If you have any questions regarding privacy issues, you may write to our Data Protection Officer at the addresses below.
1. We do not obtain any personal data, that is, information that identifies you as an individual other than that which you choose to provide. We only collect information relevant to the objectives of our organisation. At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, such as your email address and postal address, for purposes such as corresponding with us, registering on our site, donating, re-homing, etc.
2. We collect, use and keep any personal information given to us by you, strictly for the purposes indicated in this policy and as described in our website and in accordance with Data Protection laws in Malta.
3. If you browse our website, you do so anonymously. We do log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) and we use technologies to give us an idea of which parts of our website you visit and how long you spend there. The only other information automatically provided to us is the type of computer and operating system you are using. Your browser automatically supplies us with this information.
4. In some of our email communications, we may use a device called a “clickthrough URL.” When you click on one of these URLs, you pass through our system before arriving at the website that is your true destination. We use clickthroughs to determine the level of interest in particular topics and to measure the effectiveness of our communications. We do not share this data with anyone, and we make no attempt to match clickthroughs to particular email addresses.
5. If you have subscribed to receive our newsletter and mailshots from us, we do not share any of your personal data to third parties and do not sell mailshots to third parties. Our correspondence will be limited to promoting our activities, campaigns and events and updating you with the work being done by our charity. You have a right to request not to receive informative material by writing to us at this address or clicking on the unsubscribe link on one of the emails you received.
6. We do not provide any third parties with any information that you provide unless obliged to do so by law or by court order.
9. Authorised third parties, including external service providers, with permitted temporary access to your information are specifically required to apply appropriate security measures that may be necessary to safeguard the personal data being processed from unauthorised or accidental disclosure, loss or destruction and from any unlawful forms of processing.
10. All reasonable efforts are made to keep customer information up-to-date. With your co-operation we will be able to take prompt and efficient action by being informed of any changes to your personal data by sending us an email or writing to us at the address provided below.
11. You may write to us at the same addresses found on the contact page if you would like to know what personal information we hold about you.
12. We strive to invest in the latest security technologies available and maintain strict information security policies designed to prevent unauthorised access to your information by anyone, including our staff. Your information is processed by authorised persons only.
13. All our staff are aware of their responsibility for maintaining customer confidentiality and complying with our information security policies.
14. Links that we provide to third parties websites are clearly marked and we are not in any way responsible for the content of such websites and what data they collect about your activities. We suggest that users should read the privacy policies of such third-party websites. The MSPCA will not provide links to harmful websites, however cannot guarantee any website's safety after posting. We strongly suggest you use a good anti-virus and keep it updated if you are browsing.
17. You may print any fact-sheet on this site for your own information but you may NOT sell it, reproduce it on the Internet, distribute it, alter it, or reprint it in any publication without permission from the MSPCA. All material on this website is the copyright of MSPCA or third parties. You may print any SPCA fact-sheet on this site for your personal use, private study or for teaching purposes in schools colleges or universities. The material cannot be adapted for use in any other publication, used for profit or used in any way that will bring the charity into disrepute
Triq Emvin Cremona (gia St francis Ravelin)